Ipsos FIVE provides an accurate and unparalleled view of the food and beverage landscape that drives growth by delivering "One Source of Consumption Truth"
- Identify key consumer targets by determining who consumes your products and your competitors' products
- Strengthen current and long range strategies, marketing messages and positioning based on a detailed view of where, when, why and how your products are consumed
- Increase success rate for identifying and developing new products by determining your consumers' needs based on examining behaviour versus attitudes
- Investigate drivers of growth and decline by identifying changes in situational and motivational dynamics
- Enhance customer relationships by providing unique insights to drive category growth
WHO consumes my products/brands?
- Detailing age, gender, ethnicity, region, household dynamics, life stages, etc.
WHAT is my true competitive set across all categories?
- Identifying your category competition and cross-category competition
WHEN is my brand most likely to be consumed?
- Exploring all meal occasions (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack), weekdays vs. weekends, seasonality, special occasions
- Investigating situational dynamics that impact consumption
- When in-home, what appliances and preparation method are used; how are consumers cooking with my products
WHERE is my product being purchased and where is it being eaten?
- Examining purchase dynamics of products sourced from conventional and non-conventional channels/retailers
- Identifying consumption dynamics of products consumed in-home, carried-from-home and away-from-home
WHY are consumers increasing or declining consumption of my product?
- Defining consumer need states driving growth
- Determining what attitudes and motivations are most influential in consumers deciding to eat or drink your brand
A FIVE client, a leading beverage manufacturer, experienced sizeable volume declines across one of their key product portfolios. In light of this performance, the client wanted to investigate and identify factors impacting consumption and determine the shifts contributing to category erosion. Utilizing FIVE, the Ipsos team was able to collaborate with the client to validate key hypotheses driving category erosion such as; a wider consideration set among Millennial consumers, consumers fueling up earlier in the day and the impact that the portability of Tap Water was having on the category, changes to traditional food pairings, and shifts in motivational drivers such as convenience and health. The result of this work helped to guide the clients future research initiatives and strategy development.
[Event] Canadian Gaming Summit
Join Ipsos’ Paige Schoenfeld who will be co-presenting with the BCLC sharing research highlights from a study examining the market potential of Millennials. In fact, you’ll hear why the results drove the BCLC to re-think player acquisition and create new strategies around advertising, player segmentation and product strategy.