Our mobile phones are rarely out of reach (in fact 4 in 5 smartphone owners use their phone within 15 minutes of waking up), providing the ideal tool for gaining real-time insight at the point of experience, activity, or consumption. They allow us to reach participants at the exact moment their opinions are formed.
For over 10 years, Ipsos has carried out mobile research, evolving from simple SMS surveys to app-based quantitative and qualitative research and in browser online mobile surveys.
Some of the benefits of mobile research include:
- Respondents can be reached in the moment, including when they are on the moves
- Participants respond while they are in their natural environment and are not forced to recall their mindset and actions at a later stage
- The mobile phone is a ubiquitous technology with a broad demographic reach. It is also a good way to reach the youth market
- Other contextual information can be collected including GPS location, images etc.
- Surveys can be triggered when a respondent enters or exits a location
- As mobile phones are used regularly, a high percentage of participants respond within the first 10 minutes of contact
Mobile research in Ipsos
We are using mobile techniques right across our portfolio to complement our current offering. We’ve found mobile particularly useful for providing ‘in the moment’ and contextual insights in the following areas:
- Brand Touchpoints: to reveal how consumers interact and respond to brand advertising, word of mouth and other brand touchpoints in ‘real time’
- Market Understanding: to measure ‘in the moment’ usage