Using social marketing principles, we help our clients across government and the public sector to inform strategic decision-making, enhance effective policy development and strengthen service implementation and delivery. Changing citizen's behaviour is a key challenge that governments face, and our social marketing work can provide insights to help initiate behaviour change in areas ranging from health to the environment.
The Ipsos Social Research Institute's research and consultancy aims to enable our clients to:
- Understand the underlying issues by providing real customer insight
- Develop and test concepts, tools and materials
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of policy, interventions and campaigns.
Our social marketing research is undertaken around an intervention cycle:
- At the start, insight research helps our clients understand what moves and motivates people to behave in certain ways, and what needs to be done to encourage attitudinal and behavioural change in relation to a specific social issue
- Prior to the implementation of interventions, activities and campaigns we help clients to test concepts, approaches and messages with target audiences, using qualitative and quantitative methods, to ensure expected behavioural outcomes occur
- During and after an intervention, by designing specific process and impact evaluation systems and undertaking research, we provide our clients with evidence to assess impact, and inform changes to current initiatives and the design of future initiatives.