New Generation: survey of babies and teenagers
New Generation is a regular study of consumer behavior, lifestyle and media preferences of children and teenagers as well as consumer behavior of their mothers.
The New Generation is the study of children that has been regularly conducted since 1999, 2 times a year (in spring and in autumn) for a large sample that significantly raises the reliability and stability of the data obtained.
Starting from 2012 the New Generation research represents all million+ cities of Russia
Frequency: twice a year: spring (March- April) and autumn (September-October)
Geography: Million+ cities of Russia
Universe: 3.3 million children in million +cities
Sample: 2800 children aged 4-15, and 2800 moms in every wave
Data collection method: The questionnaire is given to the respondents for 3-4 days for self-filling.
Interview with children is conducted with parents presence.
There are 3 types of questionnaires:
- questionnaire for moms with children aged 4-6 (the question about favorite characters is answered by the child)
- questionnaire for moms with children aged 7-15
- questionnaire for children aged 7-15
Moms answer the questions about purchases, preferred brands and factors of children goods/ products selection.
Children answer the questions about favorite characters, idols/ icons/ role models, life style and media preferences.
Information about children of 4-15 y.o.:
- Socio demographics of children and family (parents answer)
- Media preferences
- More than 90 psychographic statements
- Lifestyle, time budget, leisure
- Children goods consumption
The survey covers goods and products of children assortment:
- Dairy products, ice- cream
- Soft drinks
- Mobile phones, computers, other digital
- Compact console
- Licensed products (with cartoon/movie characters)
- Children cosmetic products
- Goods for education, stationary,
Download a detailed list of categories.