With 650+ research and consulting experts operating in over 40 countries, we support our clients throughout the commercial lifecycle. Ipsos Healthcare services begin with clinical and medical teams, continue through early commercial strategy, expand to define launch strategy and planning, and culminate in partnership with brand teams to optimize performance in main and global markets over time.
1. Commercial Strategy: Identifying the right assets for commercialization at the right time
- What does the future growth of this market look like?
- What is the potential opportunity for our asset?
- How should we prioritize indications?
- How is the market structured and where should we focus our efforts?
- What clinical trial design sets us up for success?
- How can we maximize potential pricing?
- How will the market grow?
- What is the future standard of care?
- What role in therapy will my/our asset play?
- How is the market structured?
- What clinical inputs and design are required for commercial success?
- How do we maximize the opportunities for reimbursement?
2. Launch Excellence: Creating and developing a successful brand
- How do we incorporate innovative patient-focused strategies into our launch plans?
- What is the optimal launch strategy for our brand?
- How can we create an evidence-based value proposition for payers?
- How should this brand be positioned in this highly competitive market?
- What is the most effective communications strategy?
- How should we organize, target our sales force?
- How should we think about promotional mix strategies and optimization?
3. Performance Optimization: Maximizing brand potential in the market over time
- What tactical enhancements will help our brand achieve peak sales faster?
- How can we accelerate the path to peak share for our brand and defend against competitor strategies?
- Is our brand positioning resonating with target customers?
- What is the impact (ROI) of our commercial activity?
- How are we perceived versus competing brands?
- How can we protect our brand(s) against generic entrants?
4. Patient Flow & Patient Journey: Understanding the patient’s journey across a multi-stakeholder environment
- Where does/could my molecule fit in the treatment flow?
- What do we need to do to improve the market for our molecule?
- How does the population of patients flow through a treatment system?
- What is the impact of insurance coverage on treatment flow?
- What decisions do patients make, and when?
- What is the most effective way to communicate with patients in a specific disease state?
- What tactics can we deploy to achieve peak sales faster?
- Is our brand position resonating with target customers?
Our research frameworks and centers of excellence
We use integrated approaches, therapeutic expertise and market knowledge to put clients’ needs at the center:
- Integrated Research Frameworks: We bring the best of Ipsos to every client engagement, using the most appropriate methodologies from our custom and syndicated portfolios – creating strategic solutions that combine custom, syndicated and other data sources. We regularly apply the latest research techniques from our consumer colleagues to answer business questions for our healthcare clients.
- Global Real World Evidence: Our Global Evidence, Value and Access strategists are uniquely positioned by their practical experience and peer-reviewed market presence, to consult with clients across a range of engagements. They are complimented by our Global Therapy Monitors which comprise the industry’s largest portfolio of syndicated prescribing data, representing panels of treating physicians managing hundreds of thousands of patients in 35 markets around the world. We are skilled at combining syndicated and custom approaches to deliver deeper insights and greater value. Additional syndicated services leveraging Therapy Monitor data are also available. Read More.
- Global Centers of Excellence (CoEs): Our Global Centers of Excellence ensure that our expertise and thought leadership are shared across custom and syndicated teams in 44 countries. We currently have Global Centers of Excellence in the following specialty areas: Oncology; Virology & Liver Diseases; Autoimmune; Diabetes; Rare Diseases; Medical Devices & Diagnostics; Advanced Analytics; Global Evidence, Value & Access; Healthcare Data Collection; Digital; and Connected Health.
Industry-Focused Connected Health Initiative
In today’s global healthcare environment, wearables, apps, biosensor devices and other new technology used to monitor and manage our health – is a potential game-changer.
Ipsos Strategic Solution:
Accordingly, Ipsos Healthcare conducted the first Ipsos International Survey on Connected Health in 2016, offering a comprehensive picture of the uptake and use of connected health. Spanning 3 continents and based on 11,600+ interviews with the general public, physicians and patients, this Report also includes a unique technology preference segmentation of Type 2 Diabetes patients. To date, top-line data analyses have been presented at the HIMSS mHealth Summit and Health 2.0. This report can be used as a guidance document to inform and guide product development, understand unmet needs, inform messaging, identify communication channels, and much more.
Real World Evidence on the Impact of Biosimilars
Given the ongoing introduction of ‘biosimilars’, it is critical to understand how these products will impact current treatment practices – both for originators of branded products and those developing biosimilar options.
Ipsos Strategic Solution:
In an effort to educate our clients on this important topic, Ipsos Healthcare developed a syndicated Autoimmune Biosimilar Impact Study. The Autoimmune Biosimilar Impact Study combines perceptual research among doctors and payers with robust patient-level data from Ipsos’ Global Therapy Monitors. By applying advanced analytics to this data, it delivers future market maps of the Auto-Immune biosimilar landscape.
The data in these in-depth analyses provide an understanding of both physician intent to prescribe the drugs across the relevant therapeutic areas and indications and payer perceptions.
These reports provide insight on forecasting the uptake of biosimilars by country, segmentation of patients based on eligibility, physician awareness of different manufacturers and their likelihood to switch; payers’ perceptions and anticipated formulary / guideline placement. Subscribers (pharmaceutical manufacturing, biotechnology) have been able understand the rate of uptake of biosimilars, likely patient populations, characteristics that will drive biosimilar use, and much more.
[EVENT] PMRG Connect
Join Ipsos Healthcare at this year’s PMRG conference featuring action-oriented insights for today's healthcare research and marketing professionals. The insights landscape is rapidly evolving, and skills in triangulating diverse data sets, human emotion and healthcare decision-making remain highly desirable capabilities. Are you ready?
[EVENT] ARF’s ConsumerXScience Conference & David Ogilvy Awards
Ipsos is proud to be once again sponsoring the 2018 David Ogilvy Awards – an evening dedicated to celebrating the extraordinary and/or creative use of research in the advertising development processes of research firms, advertising agencies and advertisers.