In this month's Thought Starter sourced by Ipsos' eNation Omnibus, we fast forward to take a closer look at what Americans gift giving plans are for the 2017 winter holiday season.
The data is impressive, and a must read for all retailers. Here's five to start:
- 91% of Americans expect to purchase a gift for at least one person this season
- 82% will purchase a gift card to give this holiday season
- 7 people is the average number Americans anticipate purchasing gifts for
- 52% won't start shopping until November or December, but a fourth started in September or earlier
- $1,121 is the anticipated spending amount by households with children
Click below to read more results from this study.