In a world of peak content and pervasive media, we use our deep understanding of people, society and culture to make sense of audiences and how they consume technology, content and entertainment.
We provide market leading insights into the contextual drivers of content and platform choice. We use these to influence media strategy, helping clients to answer crucial questions, such as how to target audiences, maximize attention across platforms, enhance audience experience, and demonstrate or increase audience value.
We achieve this through work across five key areas:
- Audience Insights (including media landscaping, cultural influences, usage and attitudes, path to purchase)
- Content Strategy (including needs evaluation, audience feedback at all stages of production, promotion, platform optimisation)
- Platform Access and Optimization (including needs evaluation, prioritization of features and functionality, willingness to pay, device optimisation)
- Monetization (including demonstrating the value of audiences to advertisers, platform effectiveness, identifying platforms’ unique role in the path to purchase, price evaluation, drivers of B2B engagement)
- Attractor Insights / Performance Tracking (including success in attracting / retaining audiences, performance against KPIs and drivers of choice, success of new programmes / offers / releases, and why)
We activate our deep category expertise and access a host of solutions and methodologies to successfully address the wide range of business questions that exist within today’s fast-paced media landscape. Examples of our approaches include:
- Custom qualitative and quantitative studies
- Advanced analytics
- Predictive modeling
- Data integration
- Audience segmentations
- Ipsos proprietary frameworks that help clients understand content and platform choice/preference
- Audiences panels and communities
- Passive and biometric approaches
In the digital age, making connections quickly is what is needed in the fast-moving and rapidly converging worlds of media, content, telecoms and technology. A deep understanding of target audiences and their media consumption is critical to making informed media decisions.
Understanding and measuring audiences is at the heart of media research. Globally, Ipsos is responsible for more than 70 audience measurement programs, including the Affluent Study, the leading authority on the globe’s affluent audiences.
Across all countries, we employ a range of approaches in order to maximize audience response and representation, including by telephone, via face-to-face interviews in their offices or in their homes and online data collection through specialized panels. Importantly, our brand-centric approach focuses on consumption of content regardless of platform i.e. we ask about reading of a newspaper brand on any platform and then ask about reading within platform, rather than vice versa.
Learn more about our studies on Audience Measurement: