The 10 key points include chapter summaries from the full Flair report, such as:
- Invisible recovery: Fear of recession looms as economic indicators turned negative at the end of 2018. Italians are responding in two contradictory ways.
- Consumption is not picking up: There is a slowdown in consumer spending, and household savings are increasing as Italians are being more careful with their money.
- The impossible community: A communitarian response is seen as citizens wish to protect themselves to the external threats of globalisation. But processes of individualisation create tensions within this community.
- The precautionary principle: There is a strong trend running counter to the prevailing sentiment which is highly critical of the Europe and the Euro: Italians would prefer to remain in Europe. Only 25% of Italians would vote to leave the EU if there was a referendum
- Identity and borders: The narrative around immigration has persisted into 2018 although the landings by sea have significantly decreased. We find fragmented public opinion on immigration, affected in part by the decade-long economic crisis.
- Make it easy: Simplification as a response to increasing complexity gives brands a new way to craft memorable messages. See the direct advertising campaigns of Ferrero and Zambon, for example.
[WEBINAR] APAC Digital Doctor 2020: A 9-country study of 676 Doctors’ perspectives on digital and connected health [Webinar recording]
Thank you for your interest in our webinar hosted on June 10, 2020. Though you missed our live presentation, we are delighted to provide you with the recording of this informative session you can view on demand at your leisure.
[WEBINAR] Medical Devices & Diagnostics: Current view of the entire ecosystem [Webinar recording]
Thank you for your interest in our webinar hosted on June 3, 2020. Though you missed our live presentation, we are delighted to provide you with the recording of this informative session you can view on demand at your leisure.