Social Intelligence (often used interchangeably with "Social Listening," "Social Media Monitoring," or "Social Data Analysis"), is the process of monitoring and analyzing digital conversations and media, with data captured from social media, blogs, news sites, forums, etc through the use of advanced technology like web crawlers and APIs.
Social intelligence leverages quantitative and qualitative analysis of an aggregate collection of conversations, the purpose of which is to support better decision making and provide a deep understanding of how consumers think, discuss, and feel about the topic of study. Common business objectives include competitive/category understanding, tracking brand health, discovering trending topics, and measuring influence, reach and relevancy of communications and campaigns.
Ipsos Point Of View
At Ipsos, we approach Social Intelligence through the lens of rigorous research applications and innovative technologies, with the goal of delivering elevated insights and greater business impact for our clients. We focus on translating social data into insights for strategic business decisions in the following key areas:
- Explore and identify trends and white spaces in the category or market landscape
- Uncover factors and motivations driving consumer engagement and decisions
- Pinpoint important and possibly unmet consumer need
- Complement awareness and reputation tracking to close gaps in understanding
- Answer the WHY by diving deeper into trends seen in primary research
- Fill intervals between survey waves to spot emerging trends and early warning data
- Measure the impact of launches and optimize campaigns across key social channels
- Evaluate your digital footprint in comparison to the competition
- Diagnose how communications align with the motivations
Our process applies a wunique combination of proven research models and explorative approacges for a truly integrated solution:
- Top Down: We apply proven analytic designs and dedicated n-gram libraries / language concepts to unstructured social data to provide on-going brand health and product performance measures
- Bottom Up: We deploy explorative analytic approaches to uncover the "unknown unknowns" such as rising brand themes or consumer trends in the category
The Ipsos Social Intelligence practice leverages client and category knowledge, coupled with research expertise, to deliver actionable insights for our clients. We believe the days of stand-alone social media insight are no longer enough. Instead, we apply a unique combination of proven frameworks and explorative approaches for a truly qual-quant approach. By coding consumer- generated data to the drivers and touch points clients already use to grow their business, our solution complements and strengthens insights from primary research.
[EVENT] SHEconomy Summit: Power & Influence
October 9-12 - Ipsos is proud to host an exclusive Summit featuring visionaries, entrepreneurs, innovative game-changers and influencers, who boldly challenge and disrupt the rules of the game as we know it. Together with top leaders from Ipsos, Microsoft, Google, Facebook and United Influencers, we will explore, challenge and discuss how power and influence are changing hands in today’s world.
[EVENT] US launch of Global Business Influencers 2018
October 02 - Global Business Influencers make business decisions worth trillions of dollars and wield significant power when it comes to deciding how to manage and spend their personal wealth, representing the key to profitability for many industries, including B2B, finance, luxury, travel and others.
[EVENT] Europe launch of Global Business Influencers 2018
September 25 - Global Business Influencers make business decisions worth trillions of dollars and wield significant power when it comes to deciding how to manage and spend their personal wealth, representing the key to profitability for many industries, including B2B, finance, luxury, travel and others.