Mixing brands and price segments
Denial of demonstrative behavior and even condemnation of demonstrativeness:
- The value of quality, naturalness and functionality of things comes to the fore
- Moving towards “affordable luxury” and “budget premium”
- In the center of attention – a person, not what he/she consumes valuable than things
Expect from brands to be responsible in environmental and ethical issues
Ready to change themselves, but are waiting for proactivity in socially active behavior:
- primarily from manufacturers of goods and from services providers,
- secondly – from retailers
- and only in last place is the responsibility of the consumers themselves.
Prefer to spend money on experiences over things
What does the affluent consumer look for today?
- Comfort, service, style, design, convenience
- Humor, emotions, stories, legends, True Stories, the idea of freedom
- Communicating with family and friends, including offline
- Connecting goods with positive emotions and impressions, interactivity and extension of the experience after purchase
The Internet is the main media channel for the upper segment of the middle class. 97% of the Premier audience use Internet daily.
Premier: upper middle class survey. Analyzing brands, goods and services, oriented to high income consumers. Russian cities 1 mln+. Sample - 2 500 respondents per year, 18-65 years old, income: Moscow - over 70 thousand rub. p/month; St Petersburg – over 60 thousand rub. p/month; other cities – over 50 thousand rub. p/month. High socio-economic status (based on SEL).
RusIndex is a quarterly all-Russia survey of goods and services consumption and media audience. Russia’s cities with 100,000 + population. Sample ~25 000 respondents per year.
[EVENT] Outbound travel from Russia. Outcomes of 2016. Outlook for 2017
Ipsos Comcon expert presentation "Outbound travel from Russia. Outcomes of 2016. Outlook for 2017" on trends in the travel behavior of Russians within the business program of the annual Tourism Forum MITT, session “Trends and opportunities in the market of Russian outbound tourism in season 2017”. Based on the data of Ipsos and Ipsos Comcon syndicated data.