More than a quarter of British adults believe Radio 4 Extra is the most important digital radio station funded by the licence fee. The mixed speech, contemporary and archive station was chosen by 27% of 964 GB adults aged 15+ from a list including Five live sports plus (selected by 23%), A National Children’s Radio service (20%), Radio 1Xtra (14%) and a National Asian Network (12%).
- The research was conducted on Capibus Ipsos MORI’s face to face omnibus, between 5th & 25th April 2013
- Questions were asked online of 964 adults aged 15+ across Great Britain.
- The survey data were weighted by age, gender, region, social grade, working status, household tenure and ethnicity to be nationally representative of adults aged 15+ in Great Britain
- Where percentages do not add up to 100, this may be due to computer rounding, multiple responses, or the exclusion of don’t know categories.
- All figures are percentages based on the total sample (964) unless otherwise stated.