The question was designed to test whether fears of Scotland losing its separate identity in World football, as voiced in relation to a GB Olympic team, could have any impact on the referendum. The question assumes that independence would remove any such doubts.
- Results are based on a survey of 1,000 respondents (adults aged 16+) conducted by telephone
- Fieldwork dates: 9th – 15th September 2013
- Data are weight by: age, sex and working status using census data; tenure using SHS data; and public-private sector employment using Scottish Government Quarterly Public Sector Employment series data
- Where results do not sum to 100%, this may be due to computer rounding, multiple responses, or the exclusion of “don’t know” categories
- Results are based on all respondents (1,000) unless otherwise stated