Weight-related stigma has serious repercussions affecting every aspect of a person’s life from the healthcare they receive to the pay they take home. On Wednesday 29 September we premiered of our short documentary Obesity: an empathy blind spot.
This was followed by a panel discussion where our expert speakers discussed the impact and prevalence of weight stigma both in and out of healthcare settings, and what good might look like moving forward.
Our expert panel:
- Sarah Le Brocq, Obesity Advocate & Patient Leader
- Stephanie De Giorgio, Portfolio GP, special interest in obesity and women’s health
- Mark Pritchard, Metabolic Lead UK & Ireland, Johnson & Johnson Medical
- Lucy Neiland, Research Director, Ipsos MORI
- Gareth Phillips, UK Head of Healthcare, Ipsos MORI (chair)