Here are key points of the survey:
- 98% believe country is headed in wrong direction, for now, ever highest negative sentiment since we started consumer confidence survey in Pakistan.
- From the last quarter, significant increase in electricity prices being the most worrying issue for Pakistanis.
- Sharp increase in perception of ‘increase in electricity prices’ as the most worrying issue, concern regarding the unemployment significantly high.
- Pakistanis calling country’s current state of economy as ‘weak’ has increased highest 76% since we started.
- Compared to last quarter, 8% more Pakistanis view their current financial situation to be weak.
- 6 in 10 Pakistanis don’t expect economy and their personal financial situation getting better in the next 6 months.
- Pakistanis' confidence regarding job security remains extremely low with 9 in 10 less confident about it.
- Significant increase as 64% Pakistani’s claimed to personally know someone who lost their job as a result of economic conditions.
- 96% Pakistani’s less confidence about their ability to invest in future, ever highest negative sentiment since we started consumer confidence survey in Pakistan.
- Pakistanis reported ability to make major purchases has reached its lowest level since we started doing the consumer confidence survey in aug’19.
- Similarly, Pakistanis reported comfort in making household purchases has reached it’s ‘ever lowest’ since aug’19.
- Compared with the last quarter, Pakistan consumers’ confidence index decreased by 2.9 points which is once again the lowest among similar emerging markets.
Click below for the report.