Here the major findings from this research.
- Actual incidence of coronavirus in adult Pakistanis seems to be as high as 11%
- 2 in 5 Pakistanis disagree to get vaccinated against COVID-19, hence Pakistan is the among the least eager nations to get vaccinated.
- As Pakistanis are not interested in getting vaccinated, therefore even the availability of vaccine will not persuade them for vaccination.
- In comparison, Pakistan has the least proportion of people worried about side effects or clinical trials moving fast but have the highest proportion of people who are ‘against vaccines in general.
- 1 in 3 Pakistanis are completely unsure as when coronavirus vaccine would be available to them, while half of Pakistanis are optimistic about its availability within a year.
- 9 in 10 Pakistanis expect to get vaccinated against coronavirus free of charge but they are confused as how they would get vaccinated against coronavirus.
- When asked spontaneously, only 3% Pakistanis were able to recall ANY vaccine name. Upon prompting, additional 13% recalled some brands. However, more than 8 in 10 are completely oblivious of any vaccine names.