Healthcare professionals continue to lead the way, with Gardaí, government ministers and other politicians seeing strong increases.
Ipsos MRBI Veracity Index reveals that, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, nurses are most trusted.
Key highlights for 2020 (vs. 2018)
- Healthcare professionals continue to lead the field of trust
- National Public Health Emergency Team are highly trusted
- Trust in Gardaí up 9 points to 82%
- Positive trust movements for authorities and policy makers (civil servants +7, EU leaders +15, Govt. ministers +20, politicians +10)
- But we trust each other a little less (ordinary person in street down 7 points)
The full list can be viewed as a PDF below.