Joining Ipsos means developing your career in the very top tier of research. With 16,600 people employed in 88 countries, we are one of the largest and best known research companies.
As a curious and intuitive individual, an enthusiastic professional with a passion for creating knowledge, at Ipsos you will be fully dedicated to finding the best solutions for our clients.
For market researchers who have a passion for establishing their skills and who want to grow with an industry leader, Ipsos is a firm that provides opportunities globally. We offer both specialist and generalist career opportunities, are one of the industry’s fastest growing and most financially successful firms, and operate under clearly-defined client and ethical commitments. Unlike our main global competitors, Ipsos is proud to still be owned and operated by researchers. Our most valuable assets are the people who work for us. We have over 15,000 full-time employees globally and want all our staff to be highly trained, well motivated and professional people, who take pride in their work. Ipsos believes the best way to motivate is to empower people. We aim to set the minimum of rules which will provide the framework within which our staff can operate efficiently and flexibly; this framework should motivate people to reach their own potential and carry out actions in the best interests of clients and of our Company.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or require more information.
Senior Social Scientist
The Senior Social Scientist will be the primary contact for clients allocated to his / her portfolio. The Senior Social Scientist is responsible for developing existing and new client relationships and guiding the research team to ensure the quality and profitability of all aspects of projects. The Senior Social Scientist is also responsible for providing strategic input on project design and analysis, managing and training the research team.
Key Performance Areas:
- New business development and business retention
- Client research construction and detail
- Managing client relationships
- Operations interaction
- Insight delivery
- Research team management
- Relevant Degree in Marketing, Sociology, Psychology, Politics (preferably with Honours)
- Min 5 years reputable Research Agency experience
- Quantitative Research experience is essential (Quantitative and Qualitative Experience is ideal)
- Experience in social or opinion research
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a team
- 3 years Sales and client relationship management experience
- Advanced MS Office Skills
- Good Presentation Skills and good writing ability
- Good Business Acumen
- Ability to work under pressure / strict deadlines
- Communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good organisational skills
- Good people skills in order to deal with clients at various levels
- Self-discipline and Initiative
- Ability to work in a team
- Time management
Closing date: 15 November 2018
Ipsos is looking for a data scientist / statistician who consults research team as well as clients on best approaches and practices for analytical requests.
Key performance areas:
• Analyses research data through various statistical methods
• Utilises and programs in software such as SPSS / SAS / R
• Customises analytics for specific scenarios and assesses standards to introduce into repeat analytics.
• Provides researchers with insights and interpretation of results and suggestions on additional/alternative analysis.
• Provide guidance on analytics in client presentations, proposals, and meetings.
• Advising on population dynamics and statistical sampling
• Postgraduate degree in statistics/data science related field
• Three+ years working experience in the field
• Business knowledge, communication skills and teamwork
• Develops team members
Consideration will be given to current level and experience in:
• Statistical programming skills in packages such as SAS, SPSS, R, SQL, possibly Python.
• The use of statistical techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, time series forecasting, clustering, decision trees and an additional advantage to candidates who have knowledge in the areas of conjoint analysis, neural networks, and machine learning
Junior Data Processor
The Junior Data Processing Executives are responsible for editing and creating computer programs & scripts needed for the purpose of conducting market research.
Key Performance Areas:
• Editing and creating computer programs and scripts
• Investigating and solving data related queries independently most of the time
• Establishing and maintaining filing system
• Matric as a minimum
• Tertiary education in a programming language (preferable Visual Basic) with a high grade or in Statistics
• Exposure to [SAS, SPSS, Dimensions] advantageous – Able to use their software knowledge to translate client requests into technically achievable outcome
• Some understanding and knowledge of data files types [ASCII, SAV, SAS, CSV]
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with the MS Office package
• Ability to learn other software packages
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Problem solving (Is good at understanding all needs and factors that are / can be part of the problem or the solution)
• Maintains a constructive approach under pressure
• Gives priority to the customer needs, internal and external
Closing date: 6 November 2018