How are Canadians consuming news and what do they think of traditional news organizations?
A recent Ipsos poll carried out on behalf of the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) sought to delve deeper into:
- Trust in traditional news media (such as newspapers, news magazines, TV news, and radio news) to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly.
- Use of news aggregators vs. getting news directly from traditional news organizations
- Variety of news sources accessed
- Influence of news coverage on perceived trust
- Diverse perspectives in Canadian news media
The survey was carried out among a sample of 1,002 Canadian adults from May 6-19, 2021. Quotas and weighting were employed to ensure that the sample's composition adequately reflects the overall population according to the most recent census information.
The report and data tables can be accessed below.
[KEYS WEBINAR] Making Sense of 2021
Join Ipsos for its complimentary KEYS webinar series dedicated to helping brands and organizations better understand the dynamics of today as they prepare for tomorrow. Our focus is on bringing together new perspectives, based on real-life experiences and insights grounded in research.