The research, commissioned by CoSLA, is part of the ‘Commission on Strengthening Local Democracy’ currently underway in Scotland. This Commission is independent and has been set up to look at what democracy in Scotland might look like, whatever the result of the referendum in 2014.
- This presents the topline results from Scotland
- Results are based on a survey of 1,006 respondents (adults aged 16+) conducted by telephone
- Fieldwork dates: 29th November- 5th December 2013.
- Data are weighted by: age, sex and working status using census data; tenure using SHS data; and public-private sector employment using Scottish Government Quarterly Public Sector Employment series data
- Where results do not sum to 100%, this may be due to computer rounding, multiple responses, or the exclusion of “don’t know” categories
- Results are based on all respondents (1,006) unless otherwise stated.