- MORI interviewed 621 British adults aged 18+
- Interviews were conducted by telephone on 8 - 9 June 2000
- Based on all unless otherwise stated
- Data are weighted to the known population profile
- An "*" indicates a finding of less than 0.5, but greater than zero
Q1 If there were a referendum on the issue, would you favour Britain becoming a republic or remaining a monarchy?
|Would not vote||2|
Q2 Do you think that the Queen should abdicate at some stage, or should she remain Queen as long as possible?
Q3 On balance, do you think that Prince Charles will make a good king or a bad king when he comes to the throne in future?
Q4 Do you think that Prince Charles should or should not give up his right to be the next monarch in favour of his eldest son, Prince William?
Q5 Assuming Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles stay together, do you think they should get married or continue their relationship outside marriage?
|They should get married||44|
|Continue relationship outside marriage||31|
Q6 If Prince Charles were to marry Camilla Parker-Bowles, do you think he should still be allowed to become King, or not?
|Should be allowed||57|
|Should not be allowed||38|
Q7 And do you think Camilla should become Queen at his side?
Q8 Do you think that the Queen should or should not have met Camilla-Parker Bowles recently?
Q9 I am going to read out some events which are attended by members of the Royal Family.
For each one, please tell me whether you think Camilla Parker-Bowles should or should not accompany Prince Charles to the event.So firstly...
- Royal Ascot horse races
- The Queen Mother's 100th Birthday celebrations
- The State Opening of Parliament
- Prince William's 18th Birthday