What does the global public expect for 2021?
Impact of Covid-19 continues
- 61% Likely that most people will wear a mask in public places a year from now
- 60% Likely that a successful vaccine for COVID 19 will become widely available
- 52% Unlikely that life will have got back to normal after the effects of the COVID 19 pandemic
- 59% Unlikely that the world will change for the better because of the pandemic
United global concern for the environment.
Middling hopes for economic recovery, but not an equal one.
- 75% Likely that average global temperatures will increase
- 66% Likely that income inequality will increase
- 54% Agree the global economy will be stronger in 2021 than in 2020
- 51% Unlikely that women will be paid the same as men for the same work
Will the way we live our lives change?
- 57% Likely that people will spend more money buying things online than in stores
- 36% Likely that robots will look, think and speak like humans
- 34% Likely that the number of people living in big cities will shrink
- 31% Likely that they will feel lonely most of the time
Still, after a terrible year, there are hopes that 2021 will be better
- 90% Agree 2020 was a bad year for their market (+25 points from last year)
- 77% Optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020, but no better than previous years.