The key findings of the study are below.
- Russia (69%) and Peru (67%) top the list of least supportive countries, closely followed by Spain (66%) and Argentina (66%).
- The most supportive countries include India (60%), China (47%) and the US (34%).
- Among global respondents, men (29%) were significantly more likely to support the use of AWS than women (20%).
- In the US, this difference is even more significant with 45% of men supporting the use of AWS versus 23% of women.
- Similarly, nearly three in ten global respondents under 35 were supportive of using these weapons (29%), while only 18% of respondents 50-64 supported their use.
- Again, this difference is even more significant in the US. Among US respondents under 35, 41% support using AWS compared to 28% of US respondents age 50-64.
The data topline is available for download.
The survey instrument is conducted monthly in 25 countries around the world via the Ipsos Online Panel system. The countries reporting herein are Argentina, Belgium, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Turkey, Hungary, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, Peru and the United States of America.
For the results of the survey presented herein, an international sample of 11,500 adults aged 18-64 in the US, Israel and Canada, and age 16-64 in all other countries, were interviewed. Approximately 1000+ individuals participated on a country by country basis via the Ipsos Online Panel with the exception of Argentina, Belgium, Hungary, Israel, Malta, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden and Turkey, where each have a sample approximately 500+. The precision of Ipsos online polls are calculated using a credibility interval with a poll of 1,000 accurate to ±3.5 percentage points and of 500 accurate to ±5.0 percentage points. For more information on the Ipsos use of credibility intervals, please visit the Ipsos website.
For more information on this news release, please contact:
Ipsos Public Affairs
Ipsos is an independent market research company controlled and managed by research professionals. Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos has grown into a worldwide research group with a strong presence in all key markets. Ipsos ranks third in the global research industry.
With offices in 88 countries, Ipsos delivers insightful expertise across five research specializations: brand, advertising and media, customer loyalty, marketing, public affairs research, and survey management.
Ipsos researchers assess market potential and interpret market trends. They develop and build brands. They help clients build long-term relationships with their customers. They test advertising and study audience responses to various media and they measure public opinion around the globe.
Ipsos has been listed on the Paris Stock Exchange since 1999 and generated global revenues of €1,669.5 ($2,218.4 million) in 2014.
Human Factors and Ergonomics in Healthcare
Join us to hear Ipsos present in both the “Medical and Drug-Delivery Device” and “Digital Health” tracks. One presentation is in collaboration with our AbbVie clients, and an another is in partnership with Chareen Lim from the Healthcare service line. Don’t miss out!