Ipsos and Sephora have partnered on a trend exploration journey composed of multiple sources including preliminary expert interview, social listening, Sephora CRM transaction data and member survey results. The white paper ‘Empower the future of beauty’ uncovers seven key trends in China prestige beauty market covering category, consumer, and channel.
- Sophisticated GEN-Z - There is no doubt that Generation-Z (born after 1995) has become the leading voice that shapes the future of shopping.
- Evolving MALE BEAUTY - As the society evolves, men are making inroads into the beauty territory in ways their fathers couldn’t have imagined.
- Preference BY REGION - The diversity in beauty categories across the China market suggests an increased need for brands to apply thoughtful regional strategies.
- PREMIUMIZATION Keeps Momentum - The last few years have indicated an evident tendency towards premiumization, which keeps rising in prestige beauty industry, regardless of pandemic.
- Redefine C-BEAUTY - ‘C-beauty’ is emerging and becoming a prestigious trendsetter.
- Bolster COMPLETE BEAUTY - Sephora is constantly dedicated to promoting complete beauty for consumers to create a total look.
- Unlock the Full Potential of OMNI-CHANNEL - As consumers nowadays browse online and visit offline seamlessly, driving omni-channel excellence is inevitable.