Recent years have brought upon a great deal of change in the status, visibility and diversity of the LGBT+ community and in the way people define their sexual orientation and their gender identity. However, while same-sex marriage is now legal in 29 countries, twice as many countries have national laws criminalizing same-sex relations between consenting adults.
Listen in to hear new research insights from Ipsos’ LGBT+ Pride 2021 Survey – a global study of nearly 20,000 interviews of adults from 27 countries – and a discussion of their implications by a panel of experts from leading academic, advocacy, and business organizations.
Topics covered include:
- How large, diverse, and visible is the LGBT+ population in the U.S. and 26 other countries
- How different generations approach gender identity and sexual orientation
- How much support or resistance there is toward LGBT+ visibility (in public, in the media, in sports), equality and non-discrimination (including corporate activism), same-sex marriage and parenting, and transgender athletes
Expert Guest Panelists:
- Andrew R. Flores, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Government, School of Public Affairs, American University & Visiting Scholar, The Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law
- Jessica Reiter, Director, Brand Marketing Insights & Strategy at E. & J. Gallo Winery
- Marie-Anne Valfort, Economist, LGBTI+ Inclusion Project Leader at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
[WEBINAR] How Public Opinion Insights Propel External Communications
Join Ipsos and our guest speaker, Elizabeth Walton, Director of Market Insights with Freddie Mac, who will share their experience using a combination of national and targeted surveys to develop a point of view, and provide leadership with key data points for decision making and external communications.
[WEBINAR] Looking Ahead to the 2021 Holiday Shopping Season
Join us for a complimentary webinar featuring new research insights from our Ipsos U.S. syndicated online community to provide a glimpse into how shoppers are adapting to the evolving post-pandemic retail landscape today, and how they are planning ahead for Black Friday and beyond.