- 38% of countries in MENA has internet penetration
- 61% in GCC (KSA, UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar)
- 30% North Africa (Egypt-urban, Morocco)
- 30% Levant (Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq)
General browsing behaviour
Main place of accessing the internet:
- 34% access the internet from work
- 87% access the internet from home
- 14% access the internet from friends, neighbors or relatives house
- 7% access the internet from school
- 8% access the interent from public places and internet cafes
- 13% access the internet from other places
Consumed social media platforms among internet users
- KSA is the country where users use the most Twitter: 33%, compared to 20% in UAE and 17% in Egypt.
- Jordan is the country where users use the most Facebook: 86%, compared to 78% in Egypt and 66% in UAE.
- UAE is the country where users use the most LinkedIn: 11%, compared to 8% in Jordan and 3% in KSA.