As well as exploring the outlook for the Russian economy in 2018-2021, the report also examines the impact of the country’s ageing population for consumer brands.
Key findings include:
- Russian GDP grew in 2017 by 1.5%, compared to a 3.7% global average, and is projected to rise no more than 2% annually in 2018-2021, suggesting that companies need to adjust for muted growth.
- Russia remains highly dependent on volatile oil and gas prices (yet, as oil price approaches $70 per barrel, it boosts competitive US oil production).
- Despite the economic situation stabilising since 2016, Russia still ranks low on our global Consumer Confidence Index, with the country’s Primary Index score (measuring consumer attitudes) standing at 41% in the first quarter of 2018, compared to a global average of 51%.
- The 55+ age group has significant purchasing power in Russia, accounting for 29% of all current bank accounts, 26% of concert visits, and 22% of appliance purchases in 2017.
- The older age group in Russia surpassed teenagers in terms of internet audience size in 2017 (the weekly internet audience share for those aged 55+ was 13.4%, compared to 13.1% of those 10-19).
[WEBINAR] Messaging & Motivation: Engaging Participants in Healthcare Research
August 27 - One of the biggest challenges researchers face is recruiting and retaining participants, especially for longitudinal studies or intense clinical trials. Join us for a complimentary webinar to learn innovative ways to enhance recruitment, and maintain participant engagement.
[EVENT] International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology & Therapeutic Risk Management
August 22-26, Ipsos Healthcare’s Global Evidence, Value and Access (GEVA) team will be exhibiting at the 34th International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology & Therapeutic Risk Management (ICPE) being held in Prague, CZ.
[WEBINAR] Patient Experience: Putting the Patient Front and Center
On July 12, join Ipsos for a complimentary webinar as we explore how to best understand, measure, and improve patient experience. Drawing on the perspectives of healthcare leaders, this webinar will feature recent research conducted by Ipsos.