Over the next five years the passenger vehicle segment will remain very attractive, while growth of the commercial vehicle segment will be slower:
- Passenger vehicle (PV) growth is estimated at CAGR 6.8% to 2020
- Motorcycle (MC) growth is estimated at CAGR 4.8% to 2020
- Truck growth is estimated at CAGR 3.5% to 2020
- Bus growth is estimated at CAGR 1.9% to 2020
Greater Jakarta will remain the key region driving PV and CV growth, while demand from medium and smaller-sized cities is expected to increase over the next decade.
In the PV segment, the lo- cost green car segment (LCGC) is expected to experience the fastest growth at CAGR 8.1% to 2020.
In the truck segment, the gasoline light-duty truck segment (GLDT) is expected to experience the fastest growth at CAGR 4.6% to 2020.
In the bus segment, the medium-duty bus segment (MDB) is expected to experience the fastest growth at CAGR 3.2% to 2020.
- Passenger vehicle and motorcycle market trends
- Commercial vehicle market trends
Future of mobility
The future of mobility is constantly evolving, with new technologies wielding huge potential to further shift the way we travel. But how does this rapidly changing mobility landscape impact consumer behaviours? As we move towards a future that combines the three main mobility trends – autonomous driving, electrification and shared mobility – we explore the latest consumer thinking on these topics and what this means.