“What makes people feel fulfilled, what can help people in their daily lives to live better lives. That I think should be the starting point for every behavioral scientist in terms of thinking: Should I be using this nudge or not?”
In this The Decision Lab think tank podcast interview featuring Ipsos’ Jesse Itzkowitz, we hear more about:
- Navigating the new consumer world: Brand advocacy in the political sphere
- Using behavioral science to personalize, predict and direct brand strategy
- Nudges versus sludges: Guiding principles for behavioral scientists and why we need to keep the consumer’s best interest in mind
- Why companies are reluctant to apply behavioral science: Is it the fear that our experiments might just prove us wrong?
- How to distinguish good research versus bad research: Why the “So what?” question is the key to impacting meaningful change
- How behavioral science can be used to improve sustainability, improve trust among consumers and understand the role that emotions play in decision making
- And more!
The Decision Lab is a Canadian registered non-profit. Because their mission is centered on creating social good, their approach differs significantly from traditional consultancies. Their primary goal is to create social good by democratizing behavioral science – something expressed through thought leadership work as well as consulting work. The podcast is part of their thought leadership program.