Widespread administration of a COVID-19 vaccine will be central to the successful re-opening of the economy and society. However, consumers, healthcare providers, and pharmacists are in different stages when it comes to their own personal vaccination knowledge journeys. Recent events have also shown the challenges of distribution and priority targets for the vaccines. Ipsos’ Global Virology & Vaccines Center of Expertise and Ipsos Public Affairs has been tracking the evolving attitudes and perceptions around flu and COVID-19 vaccines, information sources, and vaccination recommendations / demand, from the perspectives of these three target audiences for the past several months.
Revisit our recorded webinar to hear Ipsos’ healthcare experts discuss how insights from our research can be used to help inform different communities of interest including healthcare providers and pharmacists as well as the consumer populations in your market. Key take-aways from this session include:
- We are all in this together…COVID-19 has affected more than 100 million people worldwide and 8% of the US population; its impact and implications are widespread.
- Vaccines are viewed as the way out; although treatments are recognized by physicians as equally important to vaccines.
- While vaccine demand is currently outweighing supply, there are still hesitant segments of the population which need to be addressed.
- Physicians will play a critical role in vaccine recommendation as they are the most trusted source.
- While vaccines and treatments are moving us in the right direction, concern remains about the new strains.
- Most importantly, everything that has happened will lead to increased innovation in disease discovery, drug development, access, knowledge and distribution. One virus which caused so much pain will lead to so much progress for future generations.
[WEBINAR] How Public Opinion Insights Propel External Communications
Join Ipsos and our guest speaker, Elizabeth Walton, Director of Market Insights with Freddie Mac, who will share their experience using a combination of national and targeted surveys to develop a point of view, and provide leadership with key data points for decision making and external communications.