Ipsos Essentials monitors how people across the globe navigate the new rules of engagement and the resulting impact on our state of mind, state of wallet, and future intentions. On a monthly basis, we share select findings from our research in easy-to-share infographics to highlight shifts in consumer attitudes, emotions and behaviors as they face unprecedented challenges related to inflation, the pandemic, war, climate change and other issues:
- January 2022: Globally, citizens have moved from anxiety to annoyance, and we are all eager for things to open up. The Ipsos team predicts the public mood will remain volatile in 2022 as we increasingly learn to live with COVID.
- February 2022: This month’s infographic focuses on the environment, and offers a consumer segmentation breakdown based on environmental concerns. The largest segment are Pragmatists. Read more about who they are.
- March 2022: Beyond the pandemic, citizens react and adapt to global issues impacting their lives – from rising prices to the conflict in Ukraine.
- April 2022: The world is now battling a three-headed monster – rising prices, COVID, and the conflict in Ukraine all threaten to take a bite out of consumer confidence and limit our ability to return to what we might imagine to be a ‘normal’ situation.
- May 2022: Inflation is the dominant concern for consumers around the world, forcing them to make lifestyle changes and trade-offs. We explore who is more proactive about making these changes, and what shoppers are scaling back on.
- June 2022: Spending persists amid fears of inflation, as consumers enjoy their post-pandemic freedom; many also head back to the office and rethink how they want to work.
- July 2022: The anticipated ‘summer grace period’ where citizens enjoy their post pandemic freedom has been cut short as financial pressures mount and new variants of Omicron cause a rise in infections.
- August 2022: As citizens become accustomed to rising prices and the long tail of the pandemic, their focus is shifting toward new and growing challenges related to climate and sustainability.
- Holiday Shopping 2022 Special Edition: Inflation, the environment, COVID and the war in Ukraine are all forces brands and retailers must consider ahead of Black Friday and Christmas shopping.
Subscribers to Ipsos Essentials have monthly access to the largest and most precise study done on critical attitudinal and behavioral change, focusing on recovery from the pandemic. We track state of mind, state of wallet, and future intention.
To be best positioned for success and to strategize for the future, companies and leaders need to stay connected to people, keeping a pulse on:
- Their behaviors, routines and habits
- Their shopping choices
- Their emotions
- Their concerns, health, financial, others
- Their outlook and future perspectives
- Their priorities
We gather data every month in the U.S. and 14 other markets (Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, and the UK) and extract the key findings that are relevant for your business.
For country specific insights, or to learn how you can become a subscriber, please contact [email protected]
[WEBINAR] Bikes, Trains & Automobiles…What is the new normal in consumer mobility?
Join us for a complimentary webinar as Ipsos’ automotive sector experts, Mike VanNieuwkuyk, John Kiser, and Chance Parker, share the latest research from our 2022 Mobility Navigator program focused on Shared Mobility.