The future of reality (augmented, mixed and virtual) is perhaps the next great frontier for people and for brands. Some have estimated that there are trillions of dollars at stake. However, challenges remain: How do more people start to take part, what sort of experience will solve the “if you build it, will they come?” problem, how does it become a safe space for everyone to take part, how will we create our identities, how will we entertain ourselves and where and how do we want to experiences brands in all of this? Importantly, how will new virtual realities impact our actual reality?
Listen in as What the Future chief Editor, Matt Carmichael, answers these questions and more with exclusive new research and data and insights from the stellar panel of experts interviewed for this first-ever double issue including:
- Activision Blizzard, Jonathan Stringfield, Author, “Get in the Game”
- Asher Rapkin, Meta
- Matthew Ball, Investor; author, “The Metaverse”
- Cathy Li, World Economic Forum
- Vera Chien, Warner Bros. Discovery
- Josh Shabtai, Lowe’s
- Lindsey McInerney, Sixth Wall
- Andy Carvin, Digital Forensic Research Lab, the Atlantic Council
You won’t want to miss this one, it’s unreal.