In its fourth year, the annual survey found:
- 20% are a current smoker, with 17% of them being daily smokers. This has fallen from 23% in 2015.
- 37% of drinkers say they drink six or more standard drinks (binge drinking) on a typical drinking occasion.
- Over a third (37%) report they consumer at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
- A gender gap in self-reported good health exists among those aged 55 to 64. 81% of women in this age group perceive their health to be good or very good, compared to 73% of men.
- 47% have visited a dentist during the past 12 months, with 65% of those visiting doing so for a check-up.
- 74% have visited a GP in the past 12 months, with an average of 3.8 visits per person among all aged 15 and older.
[EVENT] Transforming Healthcare through Patient Experience
November 8 - How do we give patients the best care possible to promote the best health possible? Thought leaders, hospital administrators, and providers will come together in this symposium to talk about how they have transformed healthcare for the good of the patient.