Shopper behaviour is evolving.
The five key factors behind this are:
- Increasing complexity of choice is promoting shortcuts in decision making
- Pre-store preferences are shaping purchases
- The digital revolution is reinventing shopper behaviour
- New disruptive e-commerce models are evolving everyday
- Omnichannel is bringing together the physical and digital worlds
All of these factors make the path to purchase more complex to understand given the multitude of touchpoints that brands can use, new channels and increasing choice. Ipsos can help you to navigate this evolving landscape and better understand shopper behaviour and motivations.
The hidden value of a retail store
A retail store is more than just a place from which to buy. A good (or bad) in-store experience can enhance or detract from customers' overall perceptions of your brand. Murray Goodwin from Ipsos MORI’s UK Customer Experience team shares his observations on the role of a physical store.
Black Friday: Shifting its Centre of Gravity
Ahead of Black Friday 2018, Tim Denison traces the history of a retail event that has evolved into a global phenomenon. But what is different now to previous years, what can retailers learn, and what shape can we expect Black Friday to take in the future?