- DUEL pits stimuli against each other in on-screen
- Online mobile friendly so consumers can quickly tap
on their winner
System 1 Testing
- Uses indirect measure of reaction time to uncover
the subconscious response of consumers
Fast, Fun and Engaging
- Rapidly tests 10 – 100+ items with .95 test/retest reliability
- Gamified approach more fun than traditional surveys
- Modular; can be embedded into any survey
Business Issues Addressed
- How can I quickly and inexpensively choose which concept
or idea (i.e. Scratch ticket or Slot theme) to pursue?
- How can I go beyond direct survey measures to identify
what consumers are most passionate about?
- How can I get a deeper understanding of consumer
reaction to any stimuli being tested?
Answers To Your Questions
Explicit and Indirect Preference
|We provide a Preference Score based on the
proportion of time the stimuli wins a head-to-head
comparison, and a Punch Score that indicates
the passion for the stimuli based on lag times for
wins. We combine these measures into a Promise
Score that identifies the strongest performer as well
as items with niche appeal.
What Can Be Tested?
Test a variety of items:
|Combine with other tools to maximize value. Include
a Hot Clicks exercise to evaluate stand-out areas
of the stimuli, or Text Analytics on open end
responses to uncover consumer perceptions about
|Data collection||Online Mobile Friendly|
|Survey length||DUEL module can be done in less than 5 minutes|
|Stimuli||Simple stimuli such as Scratch tickets or casino game themes|
|Methodology||Randomized bracket design presents consumers with pairs of stimuli in a series of comparisons. Winners go on to the next round until a final winning concept is chosen|
|Sample size||Each stimulus is seen by at least 100 respondents|
Ipsos in North America has a solid team solely dedicated to
research in the Lottery and Gaming sector.
To learn more, please contact: