According to Ipsos Report of Optimism and Anxieties during COVID-19 Outbreak, 13% respondents said they spent more on dairy under epidemic. Both pure milk and yogurt in normal temperature are still popular with in-home consumers. Milk in low temperature (yogurt/lactobacillus drinks) shows opportunity to boost sales. Impacted by epidemic, online channel, especially OTO platform is booming.
Compare the data before and during the epidemic, we find 8 opportunities for dairy growth after the epidemic. Key learnings are as below:
More People—Category penetration
- Raising awareness of drinking more milk
- Care more about intestinal immunity
More frequent/ more occasion— Higher frequency
- Exploring in cooking/baking scenario
- Making it healthy snacks
- Be an assistant in the new trend of exercise /fitness
More volume—Purchase more
- Stock-up buying drives FCL/Multi-pack sales
- O2O/E-commerce diversity sales channels
More brand—Brand penetration
- Open brand attitude provides a shortcut for emerging brands
More information, please contact [email protected]
Full report “Decoding COVID-19: The impact and outlook on dairy consumption" can be downloaded.