Returning to Normal: Attitudes Towards the Post-Lockdown Era in Egypt

Insights from Egyptians about life after COVID-19 lockdown.

According to the Majority, the COVID-19 impact on different parameters the overall country’s health, economy and personal financial was worse than what they have expected. So, to balance the situation 5 in 10 people prefer to slow down the virus spread and try upholding the economy as much as possible, until the pandemic is over.

Furthermore, while a slight majority are comfortable going back to work from the office, most do not want to send children to schools, and many are still not comfortable going back to their regular lifestyles. However, 67% are uncomfortable leaving their homes without a mask, while 33% are comfortable.

Around 37% of those surveyed believe that for things to go back to normal it will take between 6 months to a year, while 24% say that it may take only 3 to 5 months.

More insights about Health