Continued developments in digital technology and advances in e-commerce mean that the way we shop for products and services is also evolving. Technology has created a digital retail landscape that is unrestricted by geography and the normal dynamics of bricks and mortar stores. Physical stores are also changing as they not only integrate technology in-store but better connect with the digital world to increasingly deliver a seamless omnichannel offering. As a result, we need to understand these changes and their implications when planning go-to-market strategies or optimising shopping marketing programmes. In this white paper we will look at five changes we’re experiencing, look at why it’s happening and reflect on how Ipsos is adapting to the situation in five distinct sections:
1. Increasing complexity of choice promotes shortcuts in decision making
2. Pre-store preferences are a huge factor shaping purchases
3. The digital revolution is reinventing shopper behaviour
4. New disruptive e-commerce models evolve everyday
5. Omnichannel brings together the physical and digital worlds
[EVENT] Hong Kong launch of Global Business Influencers 2018
September 18 - Global Business Influencers make business decisions worth trillions of dollars and wield significant power when it comes to deciding how to manage and spend their personal wealth, representing the key to profitability for many industries, including B2B, finance, luxury, travel and others.