Ipsos conducted public opinion polls on behalf of the Partnership for Evidence-Based Response to COVID-19 (PERC), a consortium of global public health organisations and private sector firms. PERC was created in March 2020 with the objective of providing African Union Member States with real-time information and guidance to reduce the impact of COVID-19 on the continent.
The polling was conducted in 18 African Union Member States to understand the public’s knowledge, risk perception, attitudes, access to information, reactions, behaviours and practices related to COVID-19.
- Support and adherence for personal Public Health and Social Measures (PHSMs) such as washing hands are relatively strong. Both support and adherence are relatively lower for public gathering PHSMs, and lowest for stay-at-home orders that restrict economic mobility.
- The pandemic has taken a heavy toll on essential health services. Of those requiring health care services (48% of the sample), 45% have delayed, skipped or wereunable to obtain services required. This proportion is slightly higher among those who report having long-standing health issues.
- Respondents reported considerable burdens from lost income and food insecurity. Overall, seven in ten respondents indicated they have experienced a barrier to accessing food, such as high prices or lower income. A majority of those polled said their income is lower now compared to this time last year, and two in five respondents reported spending more hours on unpaid work such as childcare.
- global executive summary global data findings
- Cameroon executive summary Cameroon data findings
- DRC executive summary DRC data findings
- Egypt executive summary Egypt data findings
- Ethiopia executive summary Ethiopia data findings
- Ghana executive summary Ghana data findings
- Guinea executive summary Guinea data findings
- Ivory Coast executive summary Ivory Coast data findings
- Kenya executive summary Kenya data findings
- Liberia executive summary Liberia data findings
- Mozambique executive summary Mozambique data findings
- Nigeria executive summary Nigeria data findings
- Senegal executive summary Senegal data findings
- South Africa executive summary South Africa data findings
- Sudan executive summary Sudan data findings
- Tunisia executive summary Tunisia data findings
- Uganda executive summary Uganda data findings
- Zambia executive summary Zambia data findings
- Zimbabwe executive summary Zimbabwe data findings
- Download full report (ZIP) | 33MB
[WEBINAR] APAC Digital Doctor 2020: A 9-country study of 676 Doctors’ perspectives on digital and connected health [Webinar recording]
Thank you for your interest in our webinar hosted on June 10, 2020. Though you missed our live presentation, we are delighted to provide you with the recording of this informative session you can view on demand at your leisure.
[WEBINAR] Medical Devices & Diagnostics: Current view of the entire ecosystem [Webinar recording]
Thank you for your interest in our webinar hosted on June 3, 2020. Though you missed our live presentation, we are delighted to provide you with the recording of this informative session you can view on demand at your leisure.